Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

Today is the day! I am 27 years old today. While I know that I am still young, I am constantly amazed at how quickly times seems to pass me by. I have been married for almost 4 and a half years and sometimes I still feel like I am "playing house." I have been very blessed in my 27 years of life. I am thankful for this birthday and the people that surround me on this day. Now for a history lesson. Below is a list of things that were going on during my birth year, 1981.

The TV comedy "Gimme a Break," starring Nell Carter, made its debut on NBC

Bill Giles Becomes CEO of Philadelphia Phillies.

In October of 1981, an unknown rock preformer named Prince opens for the Rolling Stones at the Los Angeles Coliseum

In October of 1981, President Reagan, in an address before the World Affairs Council of Philadelphia, outlines his policy on world economic development. After saying that "development and economic freedom go hand in hand," he notes that a mere handful of industrialized countries that couple "personal freedom with economic reward now produce more than one-half the wealth of the world."

On October 28th, 1981 the U.S. Senate gives President Reagan a stunning foreign policy victory when it approves 52-48 the sale of $8,5 billion worth of sophisticated aircraft and other military equipment to Saudi Arabia.

On October 28th, 1981 the Los Angeles Dodgers win the World Series, defeating the New York Yankees four games to two.

Oh what an exciting month, and to top it off I was born!

No comments: